Once the latex 'dirt' had completely dried, I felt as if additional layers would be more effective in depicting the objects submerged in the grime. This time, I chose to use less tissue, and to combine the latex with paint; the additions were more decorative than structural. I chose to include more yellows and greens to the colours, making the brown appear more natural, and as if it has started 'rotting'.
When this dried, I added a final sealing layer of clear PVA to the build up. Not only does this protect the latex structure if the artwork needs to be moved, but also it adds to the wet look previously created from the latex. I am very satisfied with the final result of this, as now the artwork feels more alive and genuinely abject.
Below are two images of the areas which were focused on the most:

No comments:
Post a Comment