Adding Objects and Additional Texture
During my field research, I also found a large amount of litter which were mostly related to drinking and smoking near the vandalism sites. This inspired me to add an additional element to my artwork.
I used a Newcastle Brown Ale bottle cap, a rolling paper packet, two rolling paper packet inserts, A near empty filter packet and a cigarette end (originally a full cigarette which I cut to create that appearance, due to current circumstances). I then used liquid latex to secure these items onto the buildup, making them appear somewhat embedded. In addition to this, paint was applied onto the objects and new latex to blend into the surrounds, and add to the realism.
This off-the-cuff decision is one that I feel will benefit my project, as I am attempting to convey these voices and environments to the public, and these objects represent the demographic I am trying to represent successfully. Once the objects are secure. I will add some minor adjustments to the objects with paint, to make them appear weathered.
Below are four photographs of the objects, and their position in the artwork:

No comments:
Post a Comment